Simple Italian Pasta Salad
- 340 g pasta
- 2 small sweet peppers, seeded and diced we used 1 red & 1 yellow
- ½ cup red onion, diced 120 ml
- 2 cups spinach, packed 480 ml
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted 240 ml (sub sun-dried tomatoes if you don't like olives)
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered 480 ml (about 2 cups)
- ⅓ cup good quality olive oil 80 ml
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar 80 ml
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar 30 ml
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard 15 ml
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp italian seasoning 30 ml
- 1 tbsp tamari 15 ml
- 1 tsp paprika 15 ml
- ½ tsp sea salt 3 ml
- ¼ tsp crushed chilis 1 ml (optional)
Cook your pasta of choice according to the directions on the package. Make sure the pasta isn't overcooked or it will fall apart in the salad. We used Eden Organic Spelt Pasta in this dish.
Drain and rinse the pasta in cool water to stop the cooking process.
Prep the veggies. Remove the stems from the spinach and roughly chop to measure about 2 cups packed.
Place all the ingredients for the dressing in a large bowl and whisk together.
Add the pasta to the bowl and stir. Add all the vegetables and stir again.
Cover and let the salad sit in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours so that the flavours blend. Stir again before serving.
This salad will keep well refrigerated for 5 to 7 days but it won't last that long!
Calories: 156kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Sodium: 669mg | Potassium: 443mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2275IU | Vitamin C: 59mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 2mg