Creamy Lemon Overnight Oats
Servings 2 servings
- 1 cup slow cooking rolled oats
- 1½ cups plant based mylk (we used almond milk)
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener)
- 1 vanilla bean (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- ½ large lemon, juiced +zest of full lemon
If you are using a vanilla bean, slice it in half and scrape out the seeds.
Zest 1 lemon. Cut the lemon in half and juice ½ a lemon.
Place the oats, mylk, chia seeds, maple syrup, coconut, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla in a jar with a lid. Shake to combine.
Place the jar in the fridge overnight. In the morning, divide between 2 bowls.
Top with additional coconut, chopped nuts, seeds or fruit of your choice.
Calories: 358kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 280mg | Potassium: 316mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 12IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 352mg | Iron: 3mg